The Kpopcast is a kpop podcast. The weekly program features reviews of the latest kpop releases, discussions on trends within the genre, and what it means to be a kpop fan in the United States. Occasionally featuring recurring guests involved in and around the k-pop community, live coverage of events, and interviews of contemporaries in kpop.
- Daebak or Not: Our feature segment which takes a critical look at the hottest kpop single of the week. Hosts each give the kpop hit a numerical one to five score – five being the highest – for two sub-categories:
- The concept: what the hosts think from the visuals, theme, message/story and the dance.
- The audio: what the hosts think of the song itself
Lastly, hosts offer their overall score for the single in whether the song is Daebak or Not.
- Hit Replays: Designed to offer song recommendations that might not always be on the top 40 for kpop, the show hosts each offer their hot 30-second take for what they’re listening to for the week on replay.
- Listener Feedback: Listening to listener responses to the prior episode, kpopcast hosts continue conversations which add insight or provocative discussion around kpop.
- Hit Rewind: Designed to offer throwback song recommendations that defined the year in kpop they were released.
- Hit Issues: Unedited/Unpolished episode series offers ‘Hot Takes’ on trending news and topics in and around kpop.
- Interviews: Interviews of contemporaries in and around kpop and kpop fan community
If there’s a story you think our listeners would like to hear, or some music you would like to share, shoot Peter an email : lopeter [at] mac.com.